Friday, June 12, 2009

Fashion Word of the Week-Straptastic


So... straptastic. According to Stacy on " What not to Wear" this is a fashion faux pas. Don't get it wrong. Straps are wonderful inventions for luggage. Straps are used to keep our clothes in place and for extra reinforcements in luggage. Therefore, in the world of the Homo Sapien species these strap items are translated into girdles. When wearing any slim strapped item of clothing we should try to cover our underclothes as best as we can. If you are one of those people who need some extra support then wear a small jacket to cover your heavy strap action. Whatever you do... Don't be a victim of Stap-tast-ism. That's the Scoop from the Stoop.

4 comments:

  1. Neri Street at 10:35am June 12
    Yes!!!! I thought I was the only one who couldn't get into this trend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raedene Copeland at 11:13am June 12
    Neri it is funny you call it a trend. I came to that realization on one of my beautiful trips home (Trinidad). One of my models asked "Or, it is not okay to wear your bra straps showing?" she proceeded to state "Ok, I thought it was a trend!". I explained to her, some trends, fads, whatever, are not cute! Or did not intentionally start as a fashion statement lol! That really was a revealing moment to me as an Image Consultant haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! Absolutely not a trend!! What ever happened to the good old strap less bra? I've also been noticing women wearing bras to match there outfits and showing off the bra and much too much cleavage. Don't get me wrong, cleavage is good, in good taste, but since when is a bra part of your accessories???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, well the peek-a-boo bra things is actually an official trend. Now this looks cute, but must be done tastefully. Think of a lacey bra versus a laced camisole...same concept but once again it must be done tastefully. I think I will do a post on that and show pics of it done tastefully.

    Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete